MEADOWBANK GYMNASTICS CLUB
CODES OF PRACTICE /CONDUCT for GYMNASTS AND PARENTS/GUARDIANS
Meadowbank Gymnastics Club (MGC) is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its gymnasts and members. The club believes that it is important that gymnasts, parents/guardians should, at all times, respect and understand the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, gymnasts and parents are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns that they may have about any aspect of the club with our Head Coach or Child Protection Co-ordinator.
The following should be read by both the Gymnast and their Parent/Guardian. The signing of the Members Contract & Personal detail form confirms that you have read, understood and agree with the terms of the Code of Conduct.
- As a gymnast of the club you are expected to abide by the following code of conduct:
- All gymnasts must train and compete within the rules and respect coaches, officials and their decisions
- All gymnasts must be registered to the SGA (Scottish Gymnastics Assoc) under Meadowbank Gymnastic Club
- All gymnasts must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of gender, ability, cultural background or religion
- Follow all guidelines laid down by the SGA and the club
- Gymnasts should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach if they are going to be late
- Gymnasts must wear suitable club kit – for training and competitions, as agreed with the coach
- Mobile phones and other electronic devices should be switched off in the gym
- Jewellery must not be worn at either training or competitions
- Gymnasts must come prepared to training with hair tied back securely, and sufficient amounts of fluids (no fizzy juice) to last the session.
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and perform within them
- Discourage inappropriate conduct
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results
- Never force your child to take part in sport
- Set good examples within the gymnastics environment by recognising fair play and applauding good performances of all
- Never punish or demean a child for making mistakes
- Parents/Carer should ensure that Gymnasts are signed in and out at each training session and are dropped off at the appropriate time and collected promptly at the end of a session
- Parents with gymnasts U18yrs must accompany their child on any away events or allocate a responsible adult
- Parents are not permitted in gym during training – if you need to speak to a coach please catch them at the end of the session
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport
- Use correct and proper language at all times
- Encourage and guide gymnasts to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour
- Parents must pay any fees for training or events promptly. Fees must be paid by Standing Order. If you are unable to pay by Standing Order then you must speak to the Treasurer or Head Coach, who will look at authorising payment by cash or cheque.
If you are having financial difficulties and cannot pay your fees please speak to the Treasurer or Head Coach asap, who can discuss the issue in confidence and help put a solution in place.
- Always ensure your child is dressed appropriately for the activity and has plenty to drink
- Keep the club informed if your child is ill or unable to attend sessions. If they are injured and cannot attend at all for a number of weeks then you will be advised the amount you can reduce your standing order by
- Endeavour to establish good communications with the club, coaches and officials for the benefit of all
- Share any concerns or complaints about any aspect of the club through the approved channels
Meadowbank Gymnastics Club – Registered Office: 23F, Mayfield Industrial Estate, Dalkeith, EH22 4AD
Company Limited by Guarantee – Registered in Scotland No. 523096 – Scottish Charity No. SC046254